Protection of personal data policy
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION LAW AND ITS REGULATION APPROVED BY SUPREME DECREE
personal data policy
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
MACHU PICCHU INCA TREEKING: Tour Operator.
CLIENT(S): Direct passenger(s) or travel agency(s).
Acceptance and Knowledge of our Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below in this document are mandatory and binding. They apply to all reservations and activities made through our website, via email or face-to-face. The use of any of these channels implies the knowledge and acceptance of them.
Once the client sends his reservation request, the confirmation to this will be subject to the payment support according to the request, detailing all the services included and not included. If no response from the client is received, the acceptance of our terms and conditions will be assumed. In this sense, Machu Picchu Inca Trekking is not responsible for any extraordinary situation.
OBLIGATIONS OF PASSENGERS ESTABLISHED ACCORDING TO POLICIES OF MACHU PICCHU INCA TREKKING
• Respond clearly and precisely to responses and requests, such as forms to be filled out by your assigned Experience Designer.
• Follow the instructions of the team en route.
• Compulsory attendance at the informative meetings, which are held prior to your tour, are essential to begin the experience en route.
• Comply with all the obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
We use PayPal so that you can make your deposit, which makes it easier to use a credit card. There’s an 8% fee for using PayPal for international transfers.
We also use Western Union which have different rates. The amount of the deposit will depend on the type of itinerary that the client reserves, as shown below:
Inca Trail: For Inca Trail packages we need a deposit of US $ 350.00 per person. Remember that these deposits are not refundable nor transferable to another person. There are no exceptions.
For the treks: Salkantay, Lares, Huchuy Qosqo, Choquequirao, Inca Jungle, Ancascocha and Cachicata, and the tours that take more than 3 days, a deposit of US $ 250.00 per person will be made. Remember that these deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no exceptions.
Rainbow Mountain: For Rainbow Mountain packages we need a deposit of US $ 100.00 per person. Remember that these deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no exceptions.
Humantay Lagoon: For the day tour to Humantay Lagoon we need a deposit of US $ 100.00 per person. Remember that these deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no exceptions.
Sacred Valley: For Sacred Valley packages we need a deposit of US $ 60.00 per person. Remember that these deposits are not refundable nor transferable to another person. There are no exceptions.
City Tour: For the half day tour in Cusco we need a deposit of US $ 25.00 per person. Remember that these deposits are not refundable nor transferable to another person. There are no exceptions.
For groups greater than 08 people we accept bank transfers. If you want more information about this possibility, send us an email to email@example.com
Policies for payment methods in person
• Cash, Credit Card, Western Union, and PayPal will be accepted for final payments. No passenger can start their tour until payment has been completed.
• Cash payments are due the day before your tour and can be made during the pre-briefing. We accept US dollars and soles (Peruvian currency) for cash payments.
• Ripped or torn bills, no matter how small, will not be accepted.
• All bank commissions will be covered by the client.
• For more information you can contact your assigned Experience Designer.
The cancellation request must be made via email by the person who made the reservation and paid the deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cancellations made 30 days in advance have no additional charges except for excursions on the Inca Trail.
• If the client cancels between 10 and 30 days before their trip, they must pay 50% of the total cost of the trip.
• If the client cancels between 10 and 3 days before their trip, they must pay 80% of the total cost.
• If the client cancels 2 days or less before their trip, they must pay 100% of the total cost.
• In the rare event that a client decides to leave once the trek has started, no refund will be given. The client must also pay for the additional expenses incurred by her own decision such as food, accommodation, and transportation. If they wish, the client can join the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour on the last day if they wish.
• If the client is unable to participate in the trek due to illness or physical problems, no refund will be given. The client must also pay for the additional expenses incurred such as food, accommodation, and transportation. If they wish, the client can join the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour on the last day if they wish.
• In the event that a natural disaster or an act of God prevents a service from being completed, the client will receive a 50% refund, considering administrative expenses.
• In the event that a natural disaster or act of God causes the change in the route of the walk, there’ll be no refund.
• In consideration of the last pandemic that was experienced globally, we include that, in case the service is not performed due to a pandemic or act of God, no refund will be made, but an open ticket will be given so that you can receive the service on another date subject to availability. For more information, check the following:
• Failure to appear at the informational meetings will be considered a no show.
• Failure to appear on the assigned tour will be considered a no show.
• In no case will there be a refund option.
• There’ll be no refund in case of no show.
Inca Trail Tour
Permits for the Inca Trail are processed with the name and passport number, in no case may they be transferable to another person. The change of dates is also not possible once the permit has been acquired. These are not refundable or transferable. Please note that this is a Peruvian government regulation and not Machu Picchu Inca Trekking.
In the extreme case that the Inca Trail is declared closed for security reasons, or causes it to escape our responsibility, Salkantay Trekking will replace your excursion with an alternative route.
If you book the Inca Trail tour with a Student Card. During the walk the original must be carried along with the passport. The personnel of the Ministry of Culture will prohibit entrance if the student card is not shown, a situation that will escape our responsibilities.
• To modify the date of the excursion, other than the Inca Trail, there’s a fee of US $ 50.00 per person, if the modification occurs more than 30 days in advance.
• If the modification occurs between 21 and 30 days before the excursion, the rate is US $ 75.00 per person.
• If the modification occurs between 10 and 20 days before the excursion, the rate is US $ 100.00 per person.
• For modifications made with less than 10 days in advance, different rates will be applied that will be calculated at the time of making the change, according to availability and date.
• Modifications must be made for another group excursion with a minimum of 2 people. If a single traveler needs to change dates and there’s no option on the required date, the change will not be possible.
• We recommend travel insurance for all our clients.
• Coverage must include lost luggage, accidents, emergency air rescue, and trip cancellation. The trip cancellation insurance must reimburse non-recoverable air or land expenses if you cancel your trip due to a personal or family illness, as well as cover the expenses of medical evacuation if the situation requires it.
• In the event of illness or injury in one of our circuits, we are trained to provide emergency first aid and organize transportation to a suitable medical facility. However, we are not responsible for the cost of transportation services or medical care.
About the PASSPORT IN MACHU PICCHU, HUAYNA PICCHU, AND INCA TRAIL
• Once the tour reservation is confirmed, we will send the information immediately to the Inca Trail reservation office and the LLaqta Machu Picchu reservation office so that the permits are issued and we guarantee the tour.
• The original passport must be carried for all services. Photocopies will not be accepted.
• The information that we will send to the reservation office of the Llaqta Machu Picchu includes full name, passport number, nationality, gender, and age. This information cannot be modified.
• The only exception is in the case of passport numbers that could be changed due to renewal.
• To renew passport it is suggested to also carry the old one.
• If the passport number changes between the reservation and the start of the tour, both the old and new passports must be carried.
• If the passport information does not match the information provided to us above, you will not be able to start the tour.
• If the client does not report the existence of a new passport upon arriving in Cusco, it will not be the responsibility of Machu Picchu Inca Trekking. Therefore:
1. It will be the complete responsibility of the client to assume the additional expenses that are generated such as transportation, food, lodging, and other expenses when returning to the city of Cusco, or to the place of origin of the Tour.
2. In none of the cases mentioned, Machu Picchu Inca Trekking will assume any responsibility for reimbursement or modification of the tour, considering that everything is organized and subject to government policies.
Force Majeure or Causes of God
This includes any event that is outside the scope of Machu Picchu Inca Trekking, such as threat of war, pandemic such as the Coronavirus, riots, civil strikes, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, diseases, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, fires, or the like. In any of these cases, Machu Picchu Inca Trekking will limit itself to the use of responsibilities and will not assume what does not correspond.
By booking any of our adventure trips (Salkantay, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Lares, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Rainbow Mountain, and more) the client assumes the risks associated with personal accidents, medical emergencies, problems with air travel, etc. Before any of these disagreements Machu Picchu Inca Trekking is not responsible.
Policies for adventure travel
Machu Picchu Inca Trekking should be informed of any medical problems or allergies that you may have. Good physical health is essential. Otherwise, the client should consult a doctor. If you are over 70 years old, you must present a valid medical certificate that attests to your health in conditions of being able to travel.
• All balances must be paid by cash, credit card, or PayPal.
• To receive a discount for being a student, the valid student card must be sent to Machu Picchu Inca Trekking at the time of booking. This document must have a name, photo and valid expiration date. No card without expiration date will be accepted. You must carry the original student card for the excursion. Remember that you will not be allowed to go through the checkpoint without the original card.
• At the entrance control point to the Inca Trail, you will be asked to show the original passport (not a copy) with which the reservation was made. If the reservation was made with an expired passport that was later renewed, both must be carried, in this way the identification will not be rejected.
Cancellation Policies Adventure Travel
Permits for the Inca Trail are issued with a name and cannot be transferred to anyone under any circumstances. Changing dates is also not possible once a permit has been purchased. The permits are not refundable or transferable. Please note that this is a regulation of the Government of Peru and not of Machu Picchu Inca Trekking.
All adventure treks include transportation to Cusco. The return train will depend on availability.
If the walk cannot continue, due to illness or injury, one of our representatives will accompany the affected person to a place where they can receive immediate assistance. Air transport by helicopter and medical assistance are the responsibility of the trekker. If you cannot complete the walk, you can join the group for the visit to Machu Picchu, only if you wish.
Machu Picchu Inca Trekking will take all possible precautions to avoid accidents, illnesses and loss of personal property. For this reason, it only hires trained and qualified personnel.
Machu Picchu Inca Trekking is not responsible for unfavorable weather conditions, natural catastrophes, pandemics, strikes, accidents, illnesses, injuries, loss of personal items, etc. It is the client’s responsibility to carry insurance that covers this type of event. We reserve the right to modify or cancel the program due to any of the unforeseen conditions mentioned above.
In extreme cases when the Inca Trail is declared closed for security reasons, Machu Picchu Inca Trekking may replace the excursion with an alternative excursion subject to availability.
Right to use images
The client accepts and grants Machu Picchu Inca Trekking the right to use images, photos, and videos during the participation in any of our packages for any type of advertising, at no cost.
Thank you so much for choosing Machu Picchu Inca Trekking!